[ODE] Objects falling through the floor

Andrew Hannon hannon at cs.umass.edu
Fri Jan 21 13:15:53 MST 2005

Hello,

I have a system where you tilt the entire world, and maneuver a sphere
around it. What ends up happening is the sphere will end up falling
through the floor (usually by tilting the world to a sever degree, and
then snapping it back in the opposite direction). I'm not tilting the
world to rapidly, in my opinion. Has this been a problem in the past? I
am, admittedly, using ODE 0.039 (I use Lisp on a Mac, and upgrading is
a hassle, because I need to build a framework). Is this a known problem
that has been fixed in 0.5, or a later code update?

Thanks,

Andrew