[ODE] Objects falling through the floor

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Jan 21 11:16:35 MST 2005

How small is your timestep, and how large is the actual movement of the world at the point where it intersects the sphere? Chances are, when the sphere is far from the center, the world tilts enough that it teleports the sphere from one side to the other in a single step, and thus miss the penetration. This is because tri-meshes are infinitely thin, not infinitely thick like planes.

Cheers,

			/ h+