[ODE] jumping objects with real time and real gravition

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri May 14 09:58:54 MST 2004

Do you use a fixed step size? I've found that the #1 reason of jerkiness
is using a variable step size. The ODE integrator REALLY doesn't like
that. You can still run your simulation in real time with a fixed step
size; just take more steps when you need to. A simple illustration is
found here:

http://www.mindcontrol.org/~hplus/graphics/game_loop.html

Cheers,

			/ h+