[ODE] Is it possible to make a body non-movable?

Daniel K. O. danielko.listas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 14:01:32 MST 2006

2006/9/30, Rodrigo Hernandez <kwizatz at aeongames.com>:

> Creating a Geom and not assigning a body to it will have the effect of a
> static object in the scene that other objects
> can collide with, is that what you need or is there something I am missing?

I think he meant something like Ocarina of Time's hookshot. From the
description, the object isn't static, it may still be moveable. But
the gravity gun/hookshot will pull the player towards the object.
Maybe the object still needs the body while the this happens, so using
a NULL body isn't a solution.

@michael: if the body isn't affected by the gravity gun, you simply
don't need it. Just add a force pointing to the object. But if the
body reacts to the gun (e.g. you fire the gun on a tree branch, and it
bends because of your weight) I think the only way is using fixed
joints.

--
Daniel K. O.