[ODE] Imposing Joint Velocity Limits

Hampus Soderstrom hampus at sxp.se
Tue May 30 18:24:25 MST 2006

Hi Andrew,

I believe the dParamFMax value can be used to limit the maximum
velocity of a joint.

 From the userguide:
Motors can also be used to accurately model dry (or Coulomb) friction
in joints. Simply set the desired
velocity to zero and set the maximum force to some constant value -
then all joint motion will be impeded
by that force.

Fetching velocity of a joint you do with dJointGetHingeParam(aJoint,
dParamVel);

cheers

Hampa
Toribash.com