[ODE] Scientific modelling of a runner

Martin Baeker martin.baeker at tu-bs.de
Wed Sep 21 16:25:12 MST 2005

Hello all,

I am currently doing some research on the biomechanics of
running. Specially, I am looking for a tool which allows to input
several "snapshots" from a motion capture and to get as an output the
necessary forces to drive this motion. From what I read in the manual,
I suspect this is possible with ODE.

My basic question therefore is, whether ODE is a good choice for this
kind of calculations. Is it possible to get at the reaction forces
needed to produce a constrained movement? Are there any simple test
programs I could look at to see how this might be done?

Thanks for any help,

Martin.

                   Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin Bäker
                   Institut für Werkstoffe