[ODE] Bobsled track

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Sep 20 19:37:40 MST 2005

I think ODE would work just fine. I'd model the bobsleigh as a box for
the seat, with narrow ccylinders (cylinders capped by spheres) as the
skates. The track would be modeled as one large triangle mesh (trimesh).

You can model the body of the skater as a ragdoll, or just as a large
ccylinder lying on top of the sleigh.

Your time will probably be spent learning to use the API, figuring out
the right settings (sizes and positions of things, time step sizes,
etc), and in some art tool, building the actual track/tracks to
simulate. That, and tuning the friction model/coefficients to behave
like you want the sleigh to behave :-)

Cheers,

			/ h+