[ODE] Scientific modelling of a runner

Manohar B.S sciphilog at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 09:17:28 MST 2005

Martin,

Interesting research.
What I understood from your brief explanation is that
you have key-frame data of a real human motion and you
want to enforce that on the jointed-rigid-body system.

I think you need to model the joints as a combination
of ode joints to get the right effect (ex: shoulder
and hand). These joints then have to be
springy-and-dampy.

The masses and the tensor also has to match the
approximately that of human (in proportions, but close
to 1.0 as some mean).

I think it is worth exploring ODE for your research.

Good luck!

Manohar B. Srikanth
http://ssl.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~manohar/