Aw: [ODE] basic simulation

Der Lockruf des Kaos Der_Lockruf.des-Kaos at gmx.net
Thu Oct 13 16:43:36 MST 2005

> If so, could anyone tell me where can I get a
> demonstration code using ODE (and if possible with SDL
> and/or Linux).

Hi i found a nice and little Game where you drive with your Moto through different Levels. :)
It's no big Project so perhaps you can have quit a good at the Physics Code which uses ODE.
http://happypenguin.org/show?X-Moto

But there're also very good Code Examples in the ODE Package itself:

ode (Open Dynamics Engine):

wget http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/opende/ode-0.5.tgz &&
cd ode-0.5 &&
make configure && make -j3 ode-lib && make -j3 drawstuff-lib && make ode-test && make drawstuff-test &&
cd ode/test

Here are all Examples ready to start:
For Example: ./test_buggy.exe
Don't mind about the .exe, "file" says:
file test_buggy.exe
test_buggy.exe: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
So you can just execute it.

Have Fun,
	Christian