[ODE] basic simulation

ÿffffc1lvaro Castro alvcastro at yahoo.es
Thu Oct 13 15:44:57 MST 2005

Hello all!

I'm new to ODE, I have no real idea of using it, but I
see that there is a nice documentation.

I'm going to make a project of architectural
simulation, using only very basic gravity constrains
and collision detection. Is a project of experimental
architecture, so is not necessary to be very precise
in this step.

I'm using SDL/OpenGL on linux.

The intention is to create a world where about 200
cells are suspended in the air attached between to
walls. The cells would conform a body that would
change its shape depending on different parameters.

The reason I think I need ODE is because collision
detection is important. Gravity is maybe more
complicated because if I want to calculate a structure
then everything becomes very complicated, doesn't it?

I have 3 months for this project, so I can't do
something very very complicated.

I would like to ask:

IS ODE THE RIGHT TOOL?

If so, could anyone tell me where can I get a
demonstration code using ODE (and if possible with SDL
and/or Linux).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!

.alvaro.castro.