[ODE] Re: ODE Digest, Vol 26, Issue 8

Jean de Largentaye jlargentaye at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:45:48 MST 2005

> oh dont you think that there should be a link on ode's website, to some
> cool tutos ?

Well, I'd think the Wiki would be the right place to add some
tutorials, but I just noticed, after wanting to edit, that he Wiki
seems read-only for most users. I'm quite new to the ODE community so
I don't know how it's done, but it seems to me that a Wiki that is
only writable by a select few users largely defeats the purpose of the
Wiki.
What's more, it seems that the Wiki could require a little love, as it
seems somewhat out-of-date.

What would everyone think about opening up the Wiki some more? I know
I have something to add in the FAQ regarding something about units ;)
Modeling vehicles with wheels at high speeds also seems to be a FAQ
question, and Carworld is frequently given as a working example of a
solution, so it would also be useful to include a link to that, maybe
even a commented tutorial :)

Of course, I realize that this would shift the community focus towards
the Wiki and away from the ML, and I know by experience that some
people would object to that. In the end, I think this is a
doc/usability issue attached to a community issue. Now flame me :)

John