[ODE] ODE Status / Activity

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:16:01 MST 2005

On 11/14/05, Peter Palotas <peter.palotas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've recently noted ODE and I looked through some of the old threads at this
> list. (Unfortunately I couldn't find a search function so I don't know if
> this has been discussed before)

Yes, the archives for this list are barely useful. That is being
discussed in another thread.

> However, what is the current status of development on ODE?

I am currently in the process of collecting all of the old patches and
sorting them out. This is a when-I-can-find-time process so it is
moving slowly, but you can track progress in the SF.net patch manager.
I am also monitoring the discussions on this list and creating new
patches when I can.

Once the patches have been sorted out, I plan on putting together a
simple unit test framework to help validate new patches going forward.
And then I will start trying to get code moved into the the unstable
branch of cvs.

As for the stable branch, I don't believe that anyone is maintaining
it right now. IMHO it will likely eventually wither and die.

So yes, there is some life here yet. I would recommend using the
unstable branch in CVS rather than the outdated 0.5 release. And of
course, others are free to step in and help out with sorting patches
or adding to the wiki at any time.

Jason