[ODE] rotating a set of bodies in concert

Keith Wiley kwiley at cs.unm.edu
Mon Nov 14 16:43:11 MST 2005

I have a set of dBody objects, not dGeom objects and I would like to
rotate them all into a new configuration, maintaining their relative
locations.  Basically, have a chain composed of long slender
rectangles (or cylinders), attached end to end with ball joints,
thus, a nice little chain.  It works well.  To construct the chain
with the links properly placed relative to one another before
creating the joints, I lay the chain out cleanly on a cardinal axis,
it just makes things easier.  After constructing the chain, I need to
rotate the whole thing into position.  If the links were dGeoms, I
could add them to a single dBody and rotate the body as a whole, but
the links are individual dBodies.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

Keith Wiley         kwiley at cs.unm.edu         http://www.unm.edu/~keithw

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly
teaches me to suspect that my own is also."
                                            --  Mark Twain