[ODE] ODE, Mac, X11 display woes

Keith Wiley kwiley at cs.unm.edu
Wed Nov 9 20:03:01 MST 2005

I managed to get the ode headers to compile and the libraries to link
in a Carbon app (just a duplication of test_boxstack for now), but
when I run it I get this error:

ZeroLink: unknown symbol '_XOpenDisplay'

Not too suprising since the drawstuff code seems dependent on an X11
based interface.  The question is, has anyone adopted drawstuff to a
generic OpenGL windowing system that doesn't depend on X11?  How much
trouble is it?  Aside from the drawstuff or X11 issues in particular,
what is involved in getting ODE to not merely compile, but actually
run with OpenGL graphics in full swing?

Thanks.

Keith Wiley         kwiley at cs.unm.edu         http://www.unm.edu/~keithw

                                            --  Yoda