[ODE] Sleeping Spaces

Olex mr.olexander at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 19:40:31 MST 2005

Has anyone had this idea: keep a sleeping flag for each space, and enable it
if all bodies within are asleep or static. This way during collision testing
two sleeping spaces won't need to be collided against at all, especially if
they are intersecting.

I am presently working on a demo-concept with large amount of bodies:
http://ox.slug.louisville.edu/~o0lozi01/wiki/index.php/Ukrainian_Rumble_2:_Screenshots

I use hash spaces at the moment, which works great, until two large spaces
are intersecting, at which point everything slows down significantly. I
envision to resolve this by implementing sleeping spaces via
dGeomID->set/getUserData() (a place to keep sleeping flag).

Has anyone tackled this before? I've searched through mailing archives but
did not find anything on this matter.

Thanks.

--
Oleksandr Lozitskiy

"To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of
happiness." by Bertrand Russell