[ODE] Box/trimesh collision problem

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Fri Jun 17 21:44:44 MST 2005

Brad wrote:
> I've got a terrain set up as a grid of trimeshes. When I toss a sphere
> onto the terrain it works fine, and the spheres roll around like they're
> supposed to. If I try to toss a box onto the terrain, it may bounce once
> or twice, but very very soon it'll suddenly shoot up into the air. I've
> also got a plane sitting under the terrain, and I can throw some boxes
> onto that and they bounce and settle fine, then if I toss a box into the
> terrain and the box shoots up in the air, many times the boxes sitting
> on the plane will ALSO shoot off somewhere!
>
> Is this a known issue with ODE? Is there a problem with my code?

If it's any help, I see box/trimesh issues too.  In fact these
are readily apparent, for me, with test_trimesh.exe where
some boxes (particularly those that settle near an edge) will
behave fine, but others will, after a couple of bounces, fall
right through the trimesh.

Anyone else seeing that?  I'm using GCC 3.1.1, BTW.  How about
you?

--adam