[ODE] Large trimesh triangles

Matt Hancher mdh at email.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 18 11:33:19 MST 2005

> usually this comes down to the problem that you shouldnt
 > settle with too huge triangles in a trimesh.

I've seen references to this problem on the list several
times.  Out of curiosity, is there some good reason why
this should be the case?  It seems to me that collision
between small geoms and large triangles should be roughly
equivalent to collision between geoms and planes, which
is quite stable.  Is there something that I'm missing
here, or have the current trimesh colliders simply been
worked out thoroughly only for the case of triangles that
are small relative to the other geometries?

mdh

Matt Hancher
NASA Ames Reserach Center
mdh at email.arc.nasa.gov