[ODE] ODE and large game world

Martin Bell MartinGBell at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 14 20:46:03 MST 2005

Hi all,

Can anyone give me pointers on how I might best integrate ODE into my game
(if possible?!)

Basically I have a very large island archipelago through which a number of
vehicles can travel simultaneously.  The islands may have structures on them
(umm probably about 30-50 meshes).

>From a preliminary look at the docs it looks like I'd have to create a new
World/space wherever physics interactions are required (e.g. a vehicle lands
on an island, aircraft flies over island)  Is it feasible/efficient
(possible?!) to create and destroy worlds like this?

Any ideas?

Also, saving and restoring ODE state looks horrible!  Is the wiki page (by
Eric Froemling?) state-of-the-art?

Cheers,
Martin