[ODE] Duplicated vertices for trimeshes

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 22 09:20:53 MST 2005

When I load a model I create a second copy of the vertex data, stripping
off all data except for the position (originally it has normal & uv).
Another reason to do this would be if the model is split by material
into submodels.  At this point, it is possible to combine duplicate
verts, eliminate them, and update the index list.  However, I haven't
done this, and I don't think I'll need to - I can't imagine the
performance impact would be that great to warrant it.

Geoff