[ODE] Should trimeshes react to physics?

Marco Grubert mgrubert at conitec.net
Mon Dec 12 13:41:49 MST 2005

> That happens when you have lots of small, connected cubes colliding
> against a larger cube, too. You have to filter contacts on a per-body
> basis, no matter where those contacts are coming from.

I am filtering out similar contacts and create the convex hull for each
body. For a highly tesselated terrain this reduces the number of contacts
from an average of 20 to 6. However, the real problem that causes explosions
is conflicting contacts where at a slope contacts are generated with
differing normals such as one pointing straight up and another one nearby
pointing diagonally upwards.

- Marco