[ODE] Memory leak from dBodySetPosition()?

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:53:45 MST 2005

I've got a straggler on my memory leak report that I am having a hard
time eradicating. It only shows up when I call dBodySetPosition(). If
I go into that function in ode.cpp and comment out these three lines:

    b->pos[0] = x;
    b->pos[1] = y;
    b->pos[2] = z;

...the leak disappears. Clearly this simple assignment should not
cause any problems. Is this value being copied-on-change somewhere
else, perhaps? I've spent the last couple of hours browsing the code
but haven't been able to turn anything up.

In case it matters, I'm running this on Windows under VS 2003 and the
leak report is generated by _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks() at program exit. The
size of the leak seems to vary between 8 and 32 bytes. The body in
question does not have a geom associated with it.

Hoping that someone can either guess what's happening or rule out ODE
so I can start looking elsewhere.

Thanks,
Jason