[ODE] Open Physics Abstraction Layer version 0.3.0

Tyler Streeter tylerstreeter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:51:18 MST 2005

On 4/21/05, Bruce Mitchener <bruce at cubik.org> wrote:
> How's this relate/compare to the efforts by John Ratcliff, Stan Melax
> and others at http://www.physicstools.org/ to produce the Open Dynamics
> Framework and the related tools and standardized data formats (physics
> extensions to Collada)?

Good question.  We started OPAL around the same time that ODF was
getting off the ground. At that time there was no ODE support in ODF,
and we wanted something that would work on all platforms (like ODE).
OPAL has been tested on multiple platforms (Win32, Mac OS X, Linux,
and IRIX); ODF, it seems, is mainly focused on the Win32 platform.
OPAL also has a few features that ODF currently doesn't have, like
some of the motors and sensors (e.g. incline sensor, volume sensor).

Tyler