[ODE] newbie collision problems

Marco Grubert mgrubert at conitec.net
Tue Apr 19 17:01:10 MST 2005

<<   I am colliding simple tesselated boxes, trimeshes, but am getting poor
results especially compared to the box geometry type.  I cam calling
dCollide, have enabled temporal caching and am setting the last tranform
using dGeomTriMeshDataSet().  I am doing 50 steps per frame with each frame
1/24th of a second. Currently the bodies lock, wrestle and eventually
separate if I use TriMesh representations. Any suggestions are
appreciated.>>

That's the current state of affairs. You can use Trimeshes for static
geometry, such as your level, but using it for bodies yields odd results. I
have had slightly better results with a patched version of the ODE 0.3
trimesh collider, but neither one is sufficiently stable.

- Marco Grubert