[ODE] Ground Surface Parameters

Kuldip kuldip at cse.iitk.ac.in
Tue Apr 19 15:15:03 MST 2005

Hi all,

I am using ODE for the simulation of a walking robot. Noe sometimes, the leg
of the robot gets interpenitrated into the ground, very liitle bit thought.
But it is quite visible. Plz help me out in this. The parameter are set as
follows....

static void nearCallback (void *data, dGeomID o1, dGeomID o2)
{
dBodyID b1,b2;
dContact contact;
b1 = dGeomGetBody(o1);
b2 = dGeomGetBody(o2);
contact.surface.mode=dContactApprox1; //dContactSoftERP | dContactSoftCFM |
dContactApprox1 | dContactSlip1 | dContactSlip2 ;
contact.surface.mu = 0.4;// dInfinity;
 contact.surface.slip1 = 0.01;
 contact.surface.slip2 = 0.01;
 contact.surface.soft_erp = 0.2;
 contact.surface.soft_cfm = 0.002;
if (dCollide (o1,o2,0,&contact.geom,sizeof(dContactGeom)))
{
  dJointID c = dJointCreateContact (world,contactgroup,&contact);
  dJointAttach (c,b1,b2);
}

}

Thanks