[ODE] Convex Geometry

Harald Schmid harald.schmid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:17:19 MST 2005

I have combined ODE with SOLID, which uses GJK. It works perfectly
well, although I have only the pentration depth to work with.

A convex object is a convex set. And a convex set is defined as

B is a convex set <=> for every x,y in B and any s in [0,1] it is true
that z = s*x + (1-s)*y is in B.

Or in words: A set is convex if for any two points in the set the line
connecting the two points is also contained in the set.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a concave set.

Harald