[ODE] xcode

Shamyl Zakariya shamyl at zakariya.net
Mon Sep 20 15:09:06 MST 2004

Alex,

I use ODE within xcode for my work, and it's easy. What you have to do
is this:

	1) Build ODE from the normal makefile, as you would on any unix,
	   following the provided Mac instructions

	   When it's built, you'll have:
		<ode>/lib/libode.a
		<ode>/include/ode/*

		Where <ode> is the path to wherever you built it.

	2) In your project where you want to use ODE, just add libode.a as you
would any other file ( but don't select the "Copy to target group
folder" option ) and then, in the build settings for your target, add
<ode>/include/ode to your header search paths, by selecting your
target, hitting command-I and selecting the "build" tab. Obviously,
replace <ode> with the relative or absolute path to wherever you built
ode.

Then, you can include ODE headers via #include <ode/ode.h> and
everything works fine.

A note, however, that if you intend to write your ODE app using
Cocoa/Objective-C: the ODE headers use variables/functions/etc with the
name "id" where unfortunately, "id" is a reserved keyword in
Objective-C. You'll have to encapsulate your ODE code ( behind an
opaque c/c++ interface ) wherever you want to make calls from
Objective-C.

it works for me...