[ODE] TriMesh collisions

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Sep 17 10:43:54 MST 2004

Almost all these problems are related to errors in input
data, parameters or usage. I've had the same problems when
coming from scratch. The Trimesh <-> Anything Else code in
ODE works quite reasonably (although it could always have
some edges polished).

The Trimesh <-> Trimesh code is iffy, and the "straight"
cylinder code (which is not in the mainline) generates
spurious contacts from what I've heard, but neither of these
are your problem.

Log the contacts you get, and the forces you apply, and
you can probably figure out what's going wrong.

Cheers,

			/ h+