Antwort: [ODE] Lights in ODE?

Michael.Rauh at eads.com Michael.Rauh at eads.com
Thu Oct 21 16:21:24 MST 2004

ODE doesn't use or provide any drawing functionality - that's part of the
drawstuff library that's included in the package.

Just don't use any of the drawstuff stuff. Especially for learning
purposes, you could for example start with a clean GLUT app (or whatever
you want to use) and insert only the ODE calls you really need in there.

Greets
Michael

Hello,

I would like to use my own defined lights and textures for the environment
in ODE.

I started with commenting this line: fn.path_to_textures = "textures"; in
order to disable the current textures.  But it appears that ODE really does
need them.

The question is, how can I use opengl methods such as glLightfv() in the
ODE
application because I didn't find any support for it in the ODE userguide.

Sincerely,

Daniel Kucharski
2e licentie Toegepaste Informatica,
Verantwoordelijke Bedrijvendag 2005