[ODE] rolling contact force

Shamyl Zakariya shamyl at zakariya.net
Tue Oct 12 07:17:11 MST 2004

Very true -- it's likely to create a lot of work. My best guess at this
time has been to have the sphere emit a ray in the direction of contact
when it contacts something, and then subsequently measure along that
ray to determine if it's "close enough". But there's plenty of problems
with that approach, as well.

I'll probably just have the spheres de-couple from ODE when they attach
to something and subsequently be managed as non-physical objects from
that point on.

Shamyl Zakariya
   "this is, after all, one of those movies where people spend a great
   deal of time looking at things and pointing."
	From a review of _Fantastic Voyage_