[ODE] rolling contact force

Dimitris Papavasiliou jimmyp at hal.csd.auth.gr
Sun Oct 10 02:07:16 MST 2004

On Saturday 09 October 2004 05:25, you wrote:
> I was expecting to use some sort of threshold, e.g., as long as it's
> less than some distance it would stick.

Well if the sphere doesn't actually touch the wall then you'll have to compute
the distance to all buildings etc. (that is do collision detection all over
yourself) in order to compare it to the threshold. If on the other hand you
make sure that the sphere sticks to the wall once it hits it (bounce = 0)
then all you have to do is add the force if there is a contact.

Jon Watte also made a couple of interesting observations.

Dimitris