[ODE] Quick, quickstep comparision

Billy Zelsnack billy_zelsnack at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 23:00:24 MST 2004

*Shaul Kedem wrote:*
Billy, Is tokamak in it's binary form or compiled from source? Maybe
they are using a different compiler as well? For example, I know gcc is

less efficient (MS' cl as well) than intel's compiler - that can be a
cause of slowdown as well. As a thought - are you using some (non gui)
app to give the below results? because we can use this:
http://www.coyotegulch.com/acovea/index.html to get the best compiler
options for ODE...

It's just the latest dll from the Tokamak site. I'm don't know what
Tokamak is compiled with, but I compiled ODE with vc6. From my
experience, the Intel compiler has been 10% to 15% faster than vc6 in
my
own personal apps.

The benchmark is a gui app that is shoe-horned into my current project,

so it wouldn't be useful for your analysis tool.

Hey.. is there a reference implementation of ODE format yet? That would

come in real handy right now. Someone could write a minimum standalone
program for each of the physics engines and have them load in the same
data to compare against.