[ODE] quickStep doesn't work for me.

Davide Faconti facontidavide at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 23:52:24 MST 2004

I tried the new QuickStep, but in my program it doesn't work.

I simulate a biped walking robot, and all the motor are actuated setting the
desired position.
This is done with the following little trick, that with the old WorldStep
works fine:

velocity motor = (desired position - present position) / time_step

The problem anyway doesn't seem releted to the motors, but the contact with
the ground, that work really bad. The effect is the same of a large CFM on
the contact joints.

I tried also to increase the number of iterations (I tried also 500!!!), but
things don't improve much.