[ODE] ODE announcement: new iterative solver

Amund Børsand amund at offroad.no
Tue May 18 11:06:32 MST 2004

Will it be comparable to the old "slow" solver in accuracy? You see, I
have a car sim/editor, and when using stepfast1 (yes, I've tried
tweaking a lot) the car body hangs 3 meters below the ground with wheels
and suspension scattered in between.. but with dWorldStep everything
works just fine. (I may be doing something wrong though.. or maybe I'm
using too large variations in units)

Russ Smith <russ at q12.org> skreiv:

> > This is great Russ. Apart from a general speed boost, what particular
> > advantages does this method have?
>
> far less memory is used for large systems, compared to the big-matrix
> solver.
>
> russ.
>
> --
> Russell Smith