[ODE] ODE announcement: new iterative solver

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Mon May 17 19:55:56 MST 2004

> > Sounds great.  Out of interest, how does this currently
> > compare with StepFast in terms of speed/size/stability?  I
> > think that's a more interesting comparison than with stepslow,
> > since I guess the methods are a lot closer.
>
> i'm anticipating QuickStep will be faster: it's a far simpler chunk
> of code that implements an algorithm that should converge more

Theoretically, it should be better than StepFast... As Alen recently pointed
out, StepFast isn't "iterative" method at all, it just subdivides timestep
and does serial solving of joints.

(and I always thought that StepFast doesn't just subdivide timestep, but
really does the "iterations"! :))

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/