[ODE] Spring constants

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu May 6 10:58:47 MST 2004

If you don't have the CPU to run the game, then don't run the game. That's what a "minimum spec" is all about.

If the game is acceptable at a time step of 0.1, then step ODE 10 times a second with a fixed time step. You probably want to use rendering interpolation if that's the case, though, unless you also don't want to render faster than 10 fps.

Of course, at 100 ms time steps, someone moving 10 meters per second will move a full meter, and if you're less than a meter wide, it means you could tunnel through an object entirely in that time step, so smaller steps is probably advisable :-)

Cheers,

			/ h+