[ODE] reverse timestep?

George Birbilis birbilis at kagi.com
Mon May 3 19:28:45 MST 2004

better record the world state instead (positions, maybe velocities and
accelerations too if you need to display them, joint values etc.) and be
able to play it back

e.g. 3impact (uses ODE internally)  supports such recording of the action
for later playback (apart from saving screenshot/movie). I suppose you could
somehow make that recording play backwards (or can suggest it to its author
as an addition [have a "rate" floating point parameter that is, 0 for
paused, 1 for normal fwd speed, -1 for normal reverse speed, 2 for double
fwd speed, -2 for double reverse speed etc.)

-----
George Birbilis (birbilis at kagi.com)
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis