[ODE] dJointGetFeedback question

Marco Vienup Marco at vienup.de
Tue Jul 27 19:20:49 MST 2004

Hello,
I am bit confused how to handle the result from the dJointGetFeedback
function, because ode gives me an other result as I would expected...

I connected two bodys with a hinge. The hinge axis is the Y Axis.
The hinge simulates a rc-servo and so I need the torque the servo will
be stressed with.
The dJointGetFeedback function gives me a pointer to a dJointFeedback
struct. In this struct there are four vectors f1 f2 t1 and t2. The doc
says :
t1;       // torque that joint applies to body 1
t2;       // torque that joint applies to body 2
I would think, that the torque my servo is stressed with is the sum from
t1 Y axis and t2 Y axis ( tSum=t1[1]+t2[1] ) is this right ?
Or how can I calculate it ?

Thx
Marco
---