[ODE] QuickStep overflows on large islands

james at 6msoft.com james at 6msoft.com
Tue Jul 27 17:17:13 MST 2004

> Cool -- unless I'm mistaken, that will make it possible for trimeshes to
> collide with dTerrainY/Z terrains.  Looking forward to trying it.

I didn't even think about that, but yeah, it probably should work.

On another note, PSCL for ODE (via a Rocket DLL) is coming along nicely. I
got joints in to some degree now, though finding ODE is very unstable with
large numbers of joints, but I guess that shouldn't be surprising, how
many people have tried to do rigid body cloth or 60 bone rag-dolls with
ODE? :)

The patch for the memory allocations did prevent the overflows it seems,
but only to replace them with access violations, I will have a closer look
tomorrow to see if I can sort the whole mess out.

-James.