[ODE] Ragdoll performance with OpenDE

Mohsin Hasan mohsin.hasan at trivor.com
Tue Jan 13 15:04:46 MST 2004

Ok. My bad. What was I thinking :(

Anyway, it was the physics. I set the iterations to 2. It seems ok and is
now very fast (still not as fast as Tokamak though but I am working on it).
I'll upload the demos online soon.

One more question. My simulations don't seem to be as stable as I want. I
mean when I created the box stacking demo, the boxes continually moved a
bit. It seemed like they were always shaking a bit. Why is that? Any ideas?
Most of the time the stack of boxes fell because of this shaking. Sometimes
the boxes just started sliding on the floor. I fixed this by reducing the
time step but this still happens if I leave the simulation running for a
long time.

Thanks,
Mohsin