[ODE] FPS with ODE (again)

Julien LOLLIVIER julien.lollivier at quiris.com
Thu Jan 1 16:08:59 MST 2004

There is already a lot of threads about this subject, but i've another question about player movements: how do you move your players ?
I use "standing" spheres, and dGeomSetRotation, and all this runs as i want.
But for movements, I've tried with two methods:
- dBodyAddForce: Ok when the user is touching the ground, but throws player in the air when not (but still touching another geom, like a little crate), and player is able to climb "very hard" triangles.
- dBodySetPosition: generates a lot of jitterings when colliding, and player is sometimes able to push very heavy objets, and not light ones.
Do you use one of these methods with a lot of tweaks, or did i miss something ? :)