[ODE] ODE GUI Editor #2...

Steve Baker sjbaker1 at airmail.net
Fri Feb 27 12:49:23 MST 2004

Megan Fox wrote:
> I'm unclear why you wouldn't save out hierarchies on a per-object basis,
> removing the need for quirky ID conversion methods?

ODE objects are not necessarily a pure hierarchy.

You might have a car suspension with a strut connected to the body and to the wheel,
and also a shock absorber connected to the body and to the wheel.  This cannot
be represented in a pure topdown tree.

Hence, I think we'll generally need to give objects some kind of name or
identifier in order that objects can refer back to other objects that they
aren't strictly 'part of'.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1 at airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker at link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net