[ODE] ODE GUI Editor #2...

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Feb 27 14:35:14 MST 2004

> I imagine this wouldn't work as well for entire-scene persistency, but how
> often do you really need that in the case of a game?  Typically, you'd want
> the data grouped by governing entity anyways.

For save-games, you need to save everything as-is, rather than references to previous templates, with deltas. Minute floating point issues will make consistent re-play impossible otherwise.

I e, consider a quick-save, and a UI-recording playback feature; you want a playback from the quick-save point to be consistent with what happened the first time.

Cheers,

			/ h+