[ODE] ODE GUI Editor #2...

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Fri Feb 27 11:04:31 MST 2004

I'm unclear why you wouldn't save out hierarchies on a per-object basis,
removing the need for quirky ID conversion methods?

(eg. you know your "car" object is made up of a set number of objects, which
are given entirely arbitrary numbers when they are written to the file.  You
save out the objects, the geoms, and then the joints, using those arbitrary
file-specific numbers.)

I imagine this wouldn't work as well for entire-scene persistency, but how
often do you really need that in the case of a game?  Typically, you'd want
the data grouped by governing entity anyways.

-Megan Fox