[ODE] Re: New tri_tri_intersect

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Fri Feb 27 09:04:38 MST 2004

>     Ah, for anyone cares about convex-convex collision :
>     http://www.gamedev.net/columns/hardcore/ofg/
>     It is very clear and *reasonable* (think so!). Did anyone try it?

>From the first glance, it looks like some sort of "simplified" GJK, and
described in human-readable terms (while most GJK papers explain
in "scientific" terms, using scary names for simple concepts :)).

Actually, there are some GJK implementations available:
. Stephen Cameron's "Enhanced GJK".
. Gino van den Bergen's (as part of FreeSolid). I haven't measured them, but
just looking at the code size it looks like it should outperform Cameron's :)

Of course, there are lots of "I've coded it myself" ones also - eg. I have
implemented GJK as a homework for Computational Geometry course (but it needs
some polish, as always) :)

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/