[ODE] Starting off question

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Mon Feb 23 20:03:31 MST 2004

Michael Shimmins wrote:
> What method would you recommend for using the library?  Compiling it
> into a DLL and loading it at run time, or compiling ODE into the project
> its self?

There's so little difference that I don't know why you're asking
us.  :)  The decision will depend mainly upon whether you expect
to want to issue an update to the app independantly of the lib
in the future, or vice versa, and only you know your product
well enough to really say.  It's not a question specific to ODE.

There can be a minor performance hit in living in a DLL-alike (because
of constraints on position-independant code on some platforms... I
think win32 is one of them), but it's very likely un-noticable.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3