[ODE] Irregular shape to collision dection ?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Wed Apr 28 20:05:49 MST 2004

Step 1. Email Russell Smith (or the ODE mailing list) with a trivial or
common question (in my case, it was the timeless "WTF, why do spheres roll
off into the distance without friction?")

Step 2. Realize that ODE does, in fact, have rather nice documentation at
http://opende.sourceforge.net/ode-docs.html .  Realize that Russ didn't
write it because he needed the typing practice.  Download documentation.
Send hasty note to Russ apologizing for not reading the FAQ/docs before
bothering him.

Step 3. Buy HP LaserJet 4si duplex adapter on eBay.  Install it in big
honking HP LaserJet 4si in basement.  Now you can print large manuals and
other documents using both sides of each page for that "professional look."

Step 4. Print ODE manual on big honking HP Laserjet 4si.  Take resulting
manual to copy shop and have it coil-bound with clear front cover and black
back cover.  (They will usually do this while I wait; since I bought that
duplex adapter, I typically print and bind 300-400 pages a month.)

Step 5. Eat long lunch at Japanese restaurant next to copy shop, taking an
hour or two to read through the manual carefully.

Step 6. Write best-selling game with newly-earned ODE-fu.

Step 7. Profit!!1!

-- jm