[ODE] ODE and OPCODE involvement

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Sat Apr 17 00:55:32 MST 2004

Am Sat, 17 Apr 2004 06:30:45 +0200 schrieb Roel van Dijk:

> > I ask because I try to package ODE + OPCODE for Gentoo Linux. There
> > is a ODE 0.039 build for Gentoo but without OPCODE. Is here someone
> > who knows Gentoo Linux? It's a source based Linux distribution. So
> > should I handle OPCODE as if it's part of the ODE package or is
> > OPCODE also usable without ODE? If yes I'll build them as two source
> > packages.
> I use gentoo :-)
> I would like a separate ebuild for OPCODE. But that would make things
> a bit more difficult. How do you set the OPCODE directory in the
> user_settings file? Maybe you can create a useflag for OPCODE and make
> OPCODE a dependency of ODE.

Yes, this I what I thought about. But I've no idea how to handle the
SINGLE_PRECISION and DOUBLE_PRECESION. It could be also an useflag, but
if I define the OPCODE useflag and DOUBLE_PRECISION useflag it's a
problem. But this is a ebuild problem and I think off-topic here. I'll
give it a try the next days and if it works I file it to bugs.gentoo.org
in the hope that they include it into ~x86. ;-)

regards
Andreas