[ODE] ODE and OPCODE involvement

Roel van Dijk roelvandijk at home.nl
Sat Apr 17 06:30:45 MST 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 20:46, Andreas Volz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How is ODE and OPCODE involved? Are the developers the same people or is
> the OPCODE branch for ODE split from the main OPCODE development? I ask
> because OPCODE is included in the ODE cvs. Is the OPCODE source in
> ODE CVS the same as on the OPCODE homepage, but with GNU Makefile? Why
> do you not only provide the Makefile or a patch for OPCODE sources?
OPCODE is not part of ODE. OPCODE is a separate library for collision
detection. ODE just uses it for collision detection with trimeshes.

> I ask because I try to package ODE + OPCODE for Gentoo Linux. There is a
> ODE 0.039 build for Gentoo but without OPCODE. Is here someone who knows
> Gentoo Linux? It's a source based Linux distribution. So should I handle
> OPCODE as if it's part of the ODE package or is OPCODE also usable
> without ODE? If yes I'll build them as two source packages.
I use gentoo :-)
I would like a separate ebuild for OPCODE. But that would make things a bit
more difficult. How do you set the OPCODE directory in the user_settings
file? Maybe you can create a useflag for OPCODE and make OPCODE a dependency
of ODE.

Anyway, I would go for the two source packages.