[ODE] ODE in a FPS

Vukasin Toroman vtoroman at astaro.com
Sun Sep 28 00:45:17 MST 2003

Don't use a cube/cylinder. They all have "flat" bases and will not slide
properly. You should use an "egg" or a "capsule" so that the sliding is
much nicer and it allows you a whole bunch of goodies like walking up
the stairs etc.
When moving a char always try to apply the force to the char's physical
representation rather than make the rep follow the char around. It
shouldn't be too hard to translate speed into impulse. This way all
collisions are done by ODE and you just pull the end result and assign
it to your character.

Cheers,
Vukasin