[ODE] dWorldStep() crashes with a large number of contact joints. (update)

Artur Matos amatos at create.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Thu Oct 16 17:26:59 MST 2003

Hi to all,

I have traced backed into the ODE source to try to find
the problem. The crash occurs in the file lcp.cpp, inside
th dLCP constructor, line 800 (ODE 0.039):

  // if there are unbounded variables at the start, factorize A up to that
  // point and solve for x. this puts all indexes 0..nub-1 into C.
  if (nub > 0) {
   for (k=0; k<nub; k++) 	HERE --> memcpy(L+k*nskip,AROW(k),(k+1)*sizeof(dReal));

Being a memcpy() call, I guess the problem should be a dangled pointer or a failed memory allocation. Unfortunately I am not aquainted
with the ODE internals, so it is difficult for me to guess where the
problem lies, and I cannot find any problem in my software either. Can anyone help me with this?

Best regards,

Artur Matos.